Monday 17 October 2011

"Loaded Dice" by The Dice

Now that I set the scene for this blog with a few posts, I would like start to bring out of the obscurity some of these 80's songs that I was listening on the radio at the time.

The first one is this song called "Loaded Dice" by a French band named The Dice. I only remember it because I was going some months back through my old collection of 45 RPM records and found this forgotten treasure.

The Dice - "Loaded dice" - 1980

  



  

I have subsequently been searching the web for information about The Dice. The information available through Google is sparse, which is a sign of how obscure this band has become.

Still, I found that the band was composed of the following band members:
  • Pascal Stive - keyboards, synthesizers, musical direction
  • J.M. Deulin - lead vocalist
  • Elaine Rowan - vocalist
  • Bruno Lambert - sound engineer
  • Marc Miller - Management
The "Loaded dice" 45 RPM record was followed-up by the release of a 33 RPM album called "Broken rules" which contained the following tracks:

Side 1:

01. Broken Rules
02. Life Line
03. Hooker
04. It's Your Money I Love
05. Walking On Ice

Side 2:
01. Loaded Dice
02. High Time
03. Terrified
04. Funny People
05. Danger Warning
The Dice apparently evolved, changed name and became New Dice.
Check for more information on The Dice on this excellent (but in French) site: Forces Paralleles.